Monday, October 11, 2010

Week of Oct. 4- Monochromatics!

Forgive me, these three photos were supposed to be put up for last week, so please count them as last week's blog post! I started messing around on Flickr looking for interesting use of monochromatic color in photos, and here are a few of my favorites. The red is called "Running from Myself" or something like that. The total redness of the picture gives it a distinct feeling of panic or eeriness that I don't think would be there were it to be beige, or blue, etc. Very interesting use of color to influence how the photo feels.
 Oh, I love this one. It's blue/teal. I almost used my old blue ocscillating fan for my monochromatic picture. The bubble is an ingenious idea. Thing is, I was going to use bubbles in a bathtub for white--I didn't think about bubbles looking blue around their edges! It's whimsical and made more attractive to look at with its single shade of sea foam.
I liked the simplicity of this white-on-white still life. I think these are golden delicious apples, so somehow they must have manipulated the color. The use of the apples on the old whitewashed board give it a country twinge, but there's also a decidedly modern feel because of the use of only white and the simple lines. Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment