Sunday, December 12, 2010

For the Week of Nov. 1- Snow!

 I am wishing for snow lately, and so this and the following post are going to be dedicated to some beautiful frozen condensation. I love this photo because it would be interesting enough with the mountain range and city lights in the valley, but the stars in time-lapse are incredible, and I've never seen a picture like that taken in this setting. Looks unreal.
 This looks a lot like what Mercer looked like last winter, with snow illuminated by the lampposts in a warm orange light. This photo gives the feeling of safeness, softness, of being outside in fresh snow at nighttime, which I used to enjoy when I lived in Pennsylvania. The backlighting is beautiful.
I can't remember where this is, but at first, it looks like waves or heat waves in the desert with a strange mist and mirage. Instead, it's strangely blown snow and fog in Switzerland. Very mysterious, symmetrical, and visually pleasing. The snow detail in the foreground is very pretty, looks like glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment