Tuesday, September 7, 2010

9/7/2010- Boats


Another subject I love to see pictures of and photograph whenever I have the chance- boats and water. The one above combines several aspects of photography that I love: It's in black and white with beautiful tones, and there is, indeed, a boat in it. What I like most is that it tells a story...it makes you wonder, not about what the subject is, but about who this silhouetted boy is, what he is doing out in the ocean by himself, and whether something happened to his boat or if he has simply seen a large fish to jump after. It's graceful, unusual, and calming to look at.
Here is another boat-port sort of picture. I love this one because of its focus both on a harbor on a very beautiful night. Harbors are something you don't often think about except in their usefulness. They are not often seen as a thing of beauty. I love the perspective, the blue tint, and that the stars are crisp and glorious with a low enough shutter speed or aperture to see them without washing out the boats and water. I am very interested in using natural light to recreate a scene as closely to what my eye sees so that I can experience a scene I like over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment